Sunday, May 28, 2006



OK--I have been scrapping my head off since almost my entire family is gone. I just did this layout a few minutes ago. Most of the time I like my layouts--some of the time I hate them--but every so often on a rare occasion I am absolutely thrilled and excited and totally happy with a layout. This occurred with this layout above! Not exactly sure why I love it--maybe because that picture of haley is too darn cute. maybe it's because I had ONE blue flower that totally worked. maybe it's because i got to use the stamped-by-kerry flower in the center of that. who knows why--but I love it!

You know being a wife and mom is hard work. seriously hard. a lot of the time it is unappreciated and goes unnoticed. then the bad day, week, month hits and you just want to run away from it all. not all the time, but occasionally. my kids know when this is happening because they ask me if I'm running off to Mexico when i start to get cranky. cuz I always threaten it! I tell David--If I'm gone one day don't worry--I'll be back in a week. well, i miss my family. i started to miss them yesterday as a matter of fact. I have enjoyed my alone time with Haley (on a side note let's just say I am no polly pocket fan and would someone hit me if i buy more of them) but i can't wait for them to come home. don't know what it is with a family--the people that can drive you absolutely mad are the ones that you can't live without...L

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Isn't that the truth about your family? Sometimes I feel like that even if I run off to Target for a couple of hours.

Everyone needs a break every now and then. What is it - absense makes the heart grow fonder.

I'm sure they will be just as happy to see you.

The layout is beautiful! (And not just because you used my stamped flower! Hahahaha!) Seriously, I love the colors with such a happy photo of Haley. I see why that is one of your favorite pages. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is so very true LOL! Some days I wonder what the hell was I thinking?? I did this on purpose. I could be living in NYC with tons of friends, dating a male model, going to some fancy writing school, shopping and dancing the night away like tomorrow was never going to come..

The I realize that I would probably be broke, have a drinking problem, my model boyfriend would probably end up gay and I would be alone and get mugged at night is a HUGE and totally scary place.

Sigh..when did life get so rough???

On the other hand I am loved, adored and they even LAUGH AT MY JOKES!!!!! Who could ask for more. All of us Moms appreciate you :)

BTW...Did I tell you the one about the....JUST KIDDING!

Anonymous said...

beautiful layout!

and it's so true about your family - i know that no matter how stressed i am or how tired of the responsibility, i am always so ready to come home when i am away. a ggod reminder every once in a while, huh?

Anonymous said...

Lisa! This is GORGEOUS!!! I can see why it's your fave! I know what you mean about your family! I don't know what I'm going to do this summer when my girls are gone for three weeks!!! I am going to miss them soooo much!

Unknown said...

Clearly, I need to get away so I can achieve this feeling you all have when you miss your kids, cause I'm not feelin' it. ;)

Totally kidding! I hear you, Lisa! I miss my kids before I walk out the door sometimes.

The layout is gorgeous! Love the colors, and of course the photo of Haley makes it. Too cute!