Wednesday, May 24, 2006

i survived. it's done. the pain is over and the healing process has begun. no I did not have surgery--i merely went bathing suit shopping. Bloody hell! I think I would have preferred surgery--specifically if it would have made the bathing suit shopping easier! I don't know a woman in my circle of friends whom enjoys this process. maybe there is one but if they are smart they will hold their tongue and not reveal themselves! Suffice it to say that I did acquire not one but two bathing suits. they are tolerable. they are somewhat cute. they will not make me look 10 pounds lighter or make men stop and ask if i was in the latest issue of sport's illustrated, but they will allow me to spend some time in the pool with my girlies! now someone get me some tylenol...L

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a brave woman! ;)

Kerry said...

I would rather opt for the surgery too. Without drugs or anesthesia.

HATE HATE HATE bathing suit shopping. Plus why do they have to be so expensive? I hate spending that kind of money on something that I loathe wearing. :p

I'm glad you found a couple though! Woohooo!

Maddy said...

I hear ya! I own one swim suit, from Target and I bought it because I didn't have to try it on.

And tell me about the price! My friend just went swim suit shopping and spent over $100 on each.

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your compeltion of the sadistic ritual they call bathing suit shopping. This is one shopping trip that I choose to go alone...No witnesses....

Anonymous said...

I still wear my old comfy swimming shorts and tshirt. I am trying to convince myself that someday I fit into the bathing suit I bought after Zoe (the second child) was born. Until then..I'm not flashing thigh to anyone baby!

Anonymous said...

OY! Glad you survived the process. And, yes, I think I'd prefer a root canal!

Anonymous said...

hee hee......I am soooooooo proud of you Lisa! I hate it too. Cept this year I plan on buying three.....and watch the size get smaller each time. One can hope right?