Sunday, December 31, 2006
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Thursday, December 07, 2006
well, today was a good day. went into mesa to get my hair highlighted and cut. also got to go to scrapbooks etc. and rosa's for a shrimp taco. yum. saw shanna. delivered dr. pepper. then drove home to pick up my girls from my neighbor who was sweet enough to pick them up from school and keep them until i got home.
i do have to say one thing that happened this week. a neighbor family came over to watch the church christmas devotional on tv with me and the girls on sunday. they have a cute little boy anna's age who has passed that age of cuteness into the age of rudeness. not so much rude as extremely honest and very vocal in their observations. anyway this little boy asked me why my christmas tree didn't have any ornaments on it. I told him "cuz i freakin' hate christmas so shut your pie hole you little bastard!" no, not really--what i really said was "sure, there are ornaments, they are just really, really, tiny and you have to look really close" and when he looked closer i shoved his face into the tree and said "hey--can you see them now? can you? can you?" OK--i didn't do any of those things, but i sure had fun thinking about them...L
OK--and i totally redid my photo final and got some really cool pics.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
i am going to post some pics i took for my final in photography class. it was such a learning experience and i almost feel like i have more questions now than when i started. i have learned a lot but now feel like there is so much more to learn...these pics were taken in skull valley, a tiny town about 15 minutes west of prescott. so much charm and so rural. the first time i saw it i knew i needed to take pictures of it. so i did.
conversations in the car part II--
anna: i want to be a veterinarian when i grow up.
me: that's sounds good.
anna: i want to be a veterinarian and a mom--i can get a babysitter to watch the kids when i go to work.
me: you can do whatever you want, sweetie.
anna: i'm not going to have a husband though.
Carson: you have to have a husband to have kids anna.
anna: no--i don't want to shoot a man.
me: well, sometimes things happen.
carson: you don't have to shoot your husband.
anna: no, i don't want a shooter man.
carson: you mean you don't want a hunter?
guess it's hunting season here in prescott...L
Friday, December 01, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGGNOG is God's gift to woman--right after chips and salsa!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa don't have time to wrap girlfriend!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? i have a tole painted one from my ex' SIL that she gave us (yep--I kept it!)
5. When do you put your decorations up? usually right after thanksgiving. david actually put the tree up already but that is it--no decorations or anything yet since he has been gone since sunday and i'm not putting them up until he comes back (that's my story and i'm sticking to it!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? anything with pumpkin or sweet potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? getting up at about 4 a.m one year and opening every gift of mine and then sitting and watching everyone open their gifts about 4 hours later--not a happy time then but it is damn funny now
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? what truth? shanna said he's gay--is that true? he must be because he gives out fashionable stuff here!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? usually
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? it varies from year to year--i hate the same old, same old--i'm guessing this year it will be whatever we have and whatever the kids want. however i would love a total lime green and white tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it as long as it doesn't stick around for a few months and the kids don't get a gazillion snow days--did i mention my husband has been gone since sunday? 'nuff said.
12. Can you ice skate? Yeah--not well though.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? dave and i had just started dating when it was christmas and he bought me a coach purse that he had seen me look at. can a girl resist a man whom buys her coach purses?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? the de-emphasis on the commercial aspect and the focus on the saviors birth. see--told you i was scrooge.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? eggnog and candy cane cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? it used to be walking around my old neighbor hood and seeing everyone's lighted sidewalks.
17. What tops your tree? A brand new angel in a lime green dress--hence the wish for lime ornaments! 18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? i completely love to give!!!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? jingle bell rock
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum--totally yum but in small quantities.
let the commercialization of christmas begin...L