Monday, September 04, 2006

well, today was a good day. labor day indeed. 3 trips to the nursery and i am now the proud owner of a small orchard in my back yard. apples. peach. plum. cherry. all trees in my backyard! so fun. then we bought some new plants and flowers to plant in front and back. rosemary, strawberries, aster, roses, butterfly bush, pansies, rose trees and wisteria!! yummy. i love the nursery. next to a bookstore that would be a fun place to own. I love to look and touch all the flowers, trees, shrubs. get my hands in the dirt.. have fun. i even did a little weeding. all in all a good labor day...L

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Man, I am so jealous that you can be planting stuff right now! Your trees sound fabulous. I love fruit trees!

Nurseries are fun. I haven't been to a real one in years. I lived by a great one on 7th Street and Glendale. I miss it. I still like to cruise through the one at Target though. It always smells so good in there.

I'm glad you had a nice labor day!

Anonymous said...

I will be expecting my pies. Nothing grows here..damn frost .

Sounds like a good day to me :)

Unknown said...

Pictures, woman!