Tuesday, August 21, 2007

today was one of those days that was just sweet. a very happy day. sorry kerry--don't be a tuesday hater. for kerry, tuesday is the new monday. she never has good tuesdays. so she will have to live the day through me. i was awaiting david's arrival home today from taking dallas up to Utah to get settled in, and went uptown to do a few errands. i had a bowl of roasted tomato soup at wildflower bread company and then strolled through the mall. i stopped in at barnes and noble and bought a few inspirational magazines.



i bought the people magazine because it said it had the latest fall fashions and i was curious to see what was going to be "hot" this fall and look for things that i could sew. then as i was walking out of the mall i was thinking of something i could make my kids for a treat when they came home. i thought of rice krispie squares because they are easy and good. and then i remembered this killer recipe i have for rice krispie sandwiches and stopped off at the store to buy some cereal and butterscotch chips. and since i have been reading a lot of "crafty blogs," including blogs that involve sewing and cooking, i was determined to take pictures of some of the steps of creating. so the first thing you need to make rice krispie squares are these:


and of course you need a cute apron (i got this in savannah this summer)


and then you will get these little morsels of yum:



now the funny thing is that i am not one of those moms that has a batch of warm cookies right out of the oven ready for their kids when they get home from school. so this was fun to do and my girls were so excited to see them and eat them. and it got me thinking of how much of what makes life good is the little things. just the tiny little expressions of love that we can give out daily to those around us. and how much it means to people. to see that people care about them.

OK--enough of the sappiness. last night when i couldn't sleep (big shock there) i finished a couple of layouts.




and if you look closely beth you will see i have used PINK! in my layout! so very proud of myself. and now i am going to bed. cuz it's bizness time. but i will leave you with the recipe for rice krispie sandwiches...L

Rice Krispie Sandwiches

Melt one 6 oz. package of butterscotch chips with 1/2 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring until chips are melted. Stir melted chips into 4 cups of rice krispies and press 1/2 the mixture into an 8" square pan. chill it. then, in a double boiler, stir one 6 oz. package of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of water until chocolate melts. spread over chilled krispies, top off with reserved krispies--chill and cut into tiny squares.

8 comments:

Maddy said...

PIMP at your ending comments.

I love your rice krispie recipe. I'll have to try it! And I know what you mean about the little things. If I paint Ellie's nails, she raves about it for weeks. I love that one little thing can make her so happy.

And I love your mags! If only my freaking frackity gym had People still, we could be dishing the dirt!

Anonymous said...

Share the krispies woman, two of your children have been left without:) Glad you got inspirational magazines. Loves.

Kerry said...

I love how easy you make the rice krispy things look with the pictures!

First you need this.
Then you need an apron.
*Poof* you have these!

They are gorgeous, and I think you are just trying to earn some points since you haven't been throwing martha stewart parties for your girls.

LOVE the layouts! Sleepless nights have been good for you!

$&^%#@!!!! I HATE Tuesdays. You are right. I'm going to live through you.

Anonymous said...

GREAT LAYOUTS, I would love some delicious Krispy sandwiches. I am hungry.. Later, Tammi

Anonymous said...

Ooooh yummy! I need to get that photoshop mag. Is it good?

angiedunn said...

I want to be you when I grow up. You are like cool, crafty, hip mom...w/ cute hair.

laura said...

you are so kewl! we must be reading the same blogs - lol! great pictures, and i LOVE your apron! very cute!! :)


sorry you are having trouble sleeping - i know that drill all too well. but i do love the layouts! :)

Nick and Ashley said...

Hey, just checked out Bri's and yours looks awesome. Those pictures of your girls look so good! Did you take them?