Wednesday, August 15, 2007




i can't sleep. i tried to lay down and couldn't do it. dallas and his friend gage just left tonight to go to mesa. they're leaving tomorrow for rocky point. then dallas will come back on saturday and leave with david for college on sunday. i feel like he just got back from italy. how could he already be leaving again. you have kids for what, the first eighteen years or so and then they leave. and it's supposed to be like that. it's how life works. and most of the time i am fine with that. but not tonight. tonight i just want to have all my kids be with me and laugh and play and hang out and remember all the funny times we have had and what we still have ahead of us. and it makes me sad. you take care of them for a while and just when they are old enough to take care of themselves and become more like a friend--poof--they're gone.

but i am lucky--lucky to have such great kids. LUCKY! i count my blessings everyday. not one of my children have caused me that much trouble. of course they are kids--they fight, they complain about helping and sometimes drive me a little crazy--but for the most part they are so GOOD. really and truly. so i won't complain (much!) when they grow up and leave. after all i have been lucky to have a daughter graduate from college and marry in the temple. and a son that has served a full time mission and is heading off to college. so i will try to focus on the joy that that brings me and not the sadness. i will tell you that as a mom whom has grown children and young ones--it goes by pretty fast. so try to make the most of each moment that you have with your own children...L

9 comments:

laura said...

(((hugs)))

i can't even think about my kids going away and growing up. sarah is starting preschool, and that is bad enough! your kids definitely seem awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Good lookin' boys...My girls swear they will never like boys and they want to live with me forever. I shoul make them put that in writing.. Take care, Tammi

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one it makes sad not to have your kids with you. Somedays I am so sad that I'm not with you at home and we're laughing together. You are an angel mother and will never have to worry about your kids wanting to leave you. It is a struggle. I love you so much. I have to brag about how you bought me the cutest shoes and sent them to me just for fun. Thank you for being the best mother.

angiedunn said...

Will do. Ya, the other day I might have, like, shed a tear thinking about Chloe having a first day of school in the future. I can only imagine when she gets married! TIME, please stop flying while I'm having fun!!

Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I am sure I will get there. I cried just having Andrew go to Kindergarten! Have a good one you!

Maddy said...

You know, Hayley's going to turn out to be a hell raiser. I can just feel it ;p

Unknown said...

I think someone needs a grandchild to help ease the pain of another one leaving the nest. Hey Brianne- get on that for your awesome mom- ok? ;)

Lisa said...

beth--i {heart} you! pssst--you're my favorite!

maddy--you can kiss my pearly white arse! haley is an angel from heaven!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! Lisa IS the best Mom and Haley IS am angel from heaven. End of story!

Hey! We never hooked a date up for my sis with Dallas! Bummer! LOL