Thursday, January 18, 2007

happy (early) birthday to me. i got two presents--the one above is one that i treated myself to while dave and the girls were in Utah. it is a japanese kanji symbol that means "love." i wanted something that would symbolize everything special to me--my husband, my children, family,the things i love in life--the fact that i love life itself. i have wanted a tattoo for as long as i can remember. the only thing that stopped me was let's see--needles and pain. two things i don't really like. but when i finally decided to go through with it it was actually a very calming thing. the tattoo literally took like 10 minutes. totally painless. i was so excited when i got it that i literally had to stop myself from going back to get another one. anyway--i have it and i totally love it as do my husband and children.

speaking of which they gave me my present tonight as well--our family is not big on waiting!! ha ha everyone, including me, was excited to open it. a totally cute bag from one of my favorite stores up here--lavender's blue. inside was a beautiful pandora bracelet and it had 5 charms on it--everyone had picked a charm to put on the bracelet. taylor picked one that had a sun, moon and stars, carson got me one that had a gold heart and the words i love you, anna picked oval purple stones, haley picked a flower with a diamond in it and david got me a "queen bee" complete with a gold crown. real funny. you can see what they look like here.

and another treat--my scrapping friends are coming up saturday to scrap with me. i can hardly wait...L

ps--above photo courtesy of shanna!

8 comments:

Shanna said...

ooooooooooooohhh! You know I have been waiting for this post!!! I love how that photo turned out! I can't wait to see it scrapped! I think you should get it enlarged and framed for your bedroom and I can even sign it for you!!! HA HA HA HA!!! Seriously though.....I love your choice Lisa! It's a forever thing just like all those things you love. PERFECT! I also love your gift from your family!!! How special!!! Can't wait for saturday!!!

Kerry said...

LOVE it Lisa!! The photo is SO COOL! Growl!! I can't wait to see what you do with that one too!

The bracelet sounds really pretty! That is a pretty thoughtful gift that everybody picked out something especially for you!

Happy birthday!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!
Can't wait to see it in person! ;)

And I love the gift idea the family came up with- so clever and sentimental! :)

Erica said...

You are one gorgeous Miss Thang!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have had alot of excitement.. LOve the tatoo. If I could do anything, I would love to get a NOSE RING! What a special gift from your family.. Tell your daughter I wish somebody would snort during sacrament meeting. It would liven' things up a bit! Have a GREAT BIRTHDAY CROP!!!Tammi

Dust and Maddy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love love the tat and love love your birthday gift! How cool is that?

Oh, and raaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuur! Love the picture.

Anonymous said...

i love the bracelet, that is so cool!

laura said...

what a wild hottie you are! ;)

hope you had a great birthday! :)