got this questionaire off of shanna's blog and since i am feeling scroogey and bored out of my freakin' mind i thought i'd go ahead and post it. here goes...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? EGGNOG is God's gift to woman--right after chips and salsa!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa don't have time to wrap girlfriend!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? i have a tole painted one from my ex' SIL that she gave us (yep--I kept it!)
5. When do you put your decorations up? usually right after thanksgiving. david actually put the tree up already but that is it--no decorations or anything yet since he has been gone since sunday and i'm not putting them up until he comes back (that's my story and i'm sticking to it!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? anything with pumpkin or sweet potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? getting up at about 4 a.m one year and opening every gift of mine and then sitting and watching everyone open their gifts about 4 hours later--not a happy time then but it is damn funny now
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? what truth? shanna said he's gay--is that true? he must be because he gives out fashionable stuff here!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? usually
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? it varies from year to year--i hate the same old, same old--i'm guessing this year it will be whatever we have and whatever the kids want. however i would love a total lime green and white tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it as long as it doesn't stick around for a few months and the kids don't get a gazillion snow days--did i mention my husband has been gone since sunday? 'nuff said.
12. Can you ice skate? Yeah--not well though.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? dave and i had just started dating when it was christmas and he bought me a coach purse that he had seen me look at. can a girl resist a man whom buys her coach purses?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? the de-emphasis on the commercial aspect and the focus on the saviors birth. see--told you i was scrooge.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? eggnog and candy cane cookies
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? it used to be walking around my old neighbor hood and seeing everyone's lighted sidewalks.
17. What tops your tree? A brand new angel in a lime green dress--hence the wish for lime ornaments! 18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? i completely love to give!!!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? jingle bell rock
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum--totally yum but in small quantities.
let the commercialization of christmas begin...L