Friday, February 27, 2009



for my birthday i had my kids let me take pictures of them with me and them alone and all together and any combo i could think of. they couldn't deny their mom her one birthday request. photos. of course it is taking me an impossibly long time to photoshop them, scrap them or any other thing. that's my life right now.

but i just had the most incredible experience with taylor lately. it's personal and private and something i will hold with me for a long time. we connected on a level that i'm sure doesn't happen all the time with a teenager and her mom. although i've never had a problem yet with teenagers. i always enjoyed my kids when they were teenagers. and i'm enjoying taylor and carson right now too.

and brianne called me with a sweet memory she had this week. one where she was at home outside watching and waiting for me to come home. and how she always was happiest when i was there at home with her. thanks brianne for sharing that with me today. i am happy when i have my girls (and one boy!LOL) at home with me. i know it's not PC to say as a woman that your kids are your life. but MY KIDS ARE MY LIFE! i love them and cherish them and enjoy having them with me. ok--sometimes i do enjoy a minute or two to myself...L

5 comments:

Brianne said...

I miss you right now too. What a lovely picture of you both. That was a good way to trick Taylor into taking pictures, maybe I'll use the birthday excuse.

Samantha said...

Haha Brianne's comment is cute. But I know what you mean on the "my kids are my life" thing. I feel like sometimes I need a break and leave him with Jonas, but 5 minutes later I miss him and want to be back so I can...watch him..eat and sleep.. haha jk but he is on the verge of crawling! (right now all he knows how to do is crawl backwards but we're working on it!)

Kaelene said...

That is a darling photo! Glad you got Taylor to agree to it!
You are an AWESOME mom!

Kerry said...

You all are so beautiful. The photos are gorgeous. Thank you to your girls (and one boy!) for making you so happy! You have amazing kids. But then again... I never doubted that you are an amazing mom. So many people love you because of that.

Sister Sawyer said...

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday! What a great thing to take pics of you and your kids! I love my teenagers too. I wouldn't trade a one of them. I wish the oldest was nicer to the youngest but...